Saturday, April 30, 2011

The wind is not my friend


Ride stats:
Distance - 52 miles
Average speed - 15.4 mph
Elevation - 980 feet
Temperature - 47 F





After a long week of rain and wind, the weather finally cooperated today. It was a bit chilly, but I'll take it.





I took a solo ride out to the Pickle. On the way out, the wind was coming out of the NE...chilled by the very cold Lake Ontario. I was thinking the whole way out, that this headwind would be a tailwind, on the way home. Of course, we've done this ride enough to know that the wind can, and will, change...usually to our disadvantage. I checked the weather vane at the old brick church on Brick Church Road, and it showed a healthy NE wind...just as I suspected.





I took a quick 10-minute break in Pultneyville, then took off for home. Sure enough, after about 5 miles on the way back, the wind started to swing around so that it was coming out of the NW corridor...which was a headwind for me!




I didn't plan on such a high-resistance workout...only brought water and (1) Powerbar. I was running on empty when I pulled into the driveway. All in all, it was a good ride. I'm going to repeat the same ride with Leon tomorrow morning. It'll be interesting to see how my legs recover overnight.

Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eric, nice pace! I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with you.

    ReplyDelete