Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's Go Hawks!!

(L to R: Chuck, Liam, Aaron Bold, Colin (aka No Name), Matt Vinc, Caitlin (aka Cakes), me, Tyler (aka T-bone), Jarrett Davis, Pat (aka Patchie, aka Pat-man-du, aka P-dawg)

As many of you know, I am (and have been) a huge Rochester Knighthawks (indoor lacrosse) fan, since the team was created, back in 1995.  Through the years, I've had Leon, Evan, Kurt, Michele, Sabryna, Jack, Chuck, Liam, Colin, Tanya, Scott, Caitlin, Patrick, and Tyler (among an assortment of other friends) attend games with me.  It's 60 minutes of pure adrenaline that has no equal in any other professional sport (in my opinion).

Anyway, I was called by the Knighthawks front office a couple months ago.  They told me that I was "selected" to have lunch with a few Knighthawks players on the day of a game.  They would cover (2) lunches and we would have to cover the lunches for anyone else that we brought.

Well, this past Saturday, we attended this luncheon, at Legends Bar & Grill in the Radisson Hotel.  We went into this with no idea which players would be spending time with us.  After we sat down at the table, Matt Vinc (arguably, one of the best lacrosse goalies in the world), Aaron Bold (backup goalie to Matt, could start on almost any other team in the league), and Jarrett Davis (rookie, first-round selection, future superstar in the league) joined us for a nice sitdown lunch.

Caitlin was overjoyed, since she's had a crush on Matt, since he arrived in Rochester, last December.  (Sidebar: I think Tanya shares this same crush! Sorry, Scott ;-) All three of these guys were very easy to talk to and I think we all had a great time.

Colin introduced himself as 'No Name'!  Funny kid.  Quiet, but a killer sense of humor!

At the end of the luncheon, we took a picture, got autographs, said our goodbyes and then found out that they picked up the tab on all of our lunches!  LET'S GO HAWKS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Geez! I'm jealous! Sounds like a great lunch - hope Catie snuck a butt-squeeze on Vinc :)

    ReplyDelete