distance (miles) - 24
average speed (mph) - 9.7
elevation climbed (mph) - 1274
calories burned (kcal) -
temperature - 52
The still shiny and clean new bike
Downtown Kansas City
We finally got some suitable ( over 50 degrees ) weather to take the bike for a ride: 23.5 miles, 1274 ft of climb, averaging 9.7 mph. Wow. This bike rides smooth as silk. The city streets are pretty rough, but this setup handled it great. The frame seems to absorb alot of the shocks, and the tires feel really sure footed. The shifting was seamless, and the drive train felt really efficient. I only ever used the middle front sprocket, even on some 7% grades. The braking is adequate, and there was no squealing. The brake pads must already be toed out. Eric, you've done a fantastic job selecting and building this bike out. Thanks again. It feels really solid.
The headlight/taillight system also works really well. When I had traffic coming up from behind, it seems like they were being more cautious than usual. I like that.
Hey Karl! Great post. I like the pictures and I'm very happy that the bike rides nice and smooth for you! Let me know if you have any questions or have any issues that you need help with. You have a lifetime service warranty on that bike...with me!
ReplyDelete