Distance - 21 miles
Average speed - 15.1 mph
Elevation - 580 ft
Temperature - 46
We started the day off with the traditional search for Easter baskets (for Tyler, Patrick, Caitlin, Kate (Patrick's friend), and Phoebe). Then we went over to my in-laws (Norm and Betty) for our traditional Easter brunch. This included an Easter egg hunt (consisting of plastic eggs full of money). Tyler edged out Patrick for the most money found. Patrick requested a recount!
Then we sat down to the best brunch in the world...bacon, ham, sausage, eggs, muffins, toast, croissants, fried potatoes, fresh fruit, assorted pastries, chocolates, juice, chocolate milk, cookies, cupcakes, and a fruit tort! Yowza! Needless to say, I...was...stuffed.
When we came home, I decided I better get a ride in, so I could work off some of the food I just inhaled. I started off at about 3:30, intending to get 50 miles in. Then, about 10 miles into the ride, I decided to cut it back to 30 miles. Just then, it started to rain, so I decided to head back home...for a total of 21 measly miles. I noticed that my speed/adrenaline increase when it's raining. It must be a primal instinct, or possibly a paperboy instinct. We developed this trait as we were trying to get all of our papers delivered and then get back home before we got soaked.
Caitlin and Phoebe going through their respective baskets.
It was raining, and Patrick was in full "search mode" for eggs. He didn't want to take any time out for this picture.
We used to give "little Ty-Ty" a head start, during these egg hunts...not any more!
The kids decorating eggs the night before Easter.




No comments:
Post a Comment