Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

Ride stats:
Distance - 54 miles
Average speed - 14.2 mph
Elevation - 1785 feet
Temperature - 54 F

Leon and I rode out to Pultneyville. The wind was even worse today, than yesterday. But, we hung in there. The gusts coming out of the SE were fierce.







On the way home, we had the wind at our back, for any road heading west. You'd think we'd ease up a bit and let the tailwind carry us, but we just pushed the pace even more. When Leon peeled off, to go home, I thanked him for pushing me. We were both "on the rivet" for most of the ride (this is a reference used by Phil Liggett, Tour de France announcer, to refer to making a maximum effort). I stopped over to see Mom & Dad, on the way home.





No comments:

Post a Comment