This blog will describe the preparations and journey for a cross-country bike ride from San Francisco to the East Coast. My brother (Karl) and I will be posting regular updates on this adventure. We're planning on riding from San Francisco to Kansas City between 8/13/11-9/12/11 and then completing the ride in the Fall of 2012 (from KC to Yorktown, VA).
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Sodus Point
Ride Stats:
Distance - 76 miles
Average Speed - 15.2 mph
Elevation - 1680 ft
Temperature - 51 F
# of dogs that chased us - 1
Leon and I rode out to Sodus Point today. With a west wind pushing us out, it was an easy ride to get there. Of course, we paid for that on the way back. All in all, it was a great ride on a beautiful day. It was one of those days where the blue skies and flowering tress were super bright.
We had a brief run in with a german shepherd on the ride out. No problem. His bark was worse than his bite.
Here's Leon and I with our customary hand-held self portrait. I need to work on getting rid of my goofy smile when I take these...
Sodus Point was pretty quiet. They're a few weeks away from their tourist season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey bro, Angela's asking how come your average speeds are so much higher than mine. To save face, I had to make something up about your roads being alot straighter and flatter. Are you trying to make me look bad, or what?
ReplyDelete