Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Ride Stats:
Distance: 63 mi
Avg Speed: 10.7 mph
Climbed: 2700 ft
Calories Burned: 3600 cal
Temperature: 85, but felt like 100

How apropos on Mother's Day to see a mother goose taking it's new little goslings on a feeding expedition. Mom, I know you don't read these blogs; but maybe Dad will, and let you know I was thinking of you on this beautiful day.
Spring was in the air, and wildlife were all around. I got to watch this Great Blue Heron spear a fish from the waterfall. These bike trails generally follow creeks, which is a great advantage as long as they're not flooding.
My good friend, Mike Fecht came along for part of the ride. He's just starting to get back into the swing of biking after about a 35 year hiatus. I'm teaching him the basics, like wearing a helmet. Nobody did that 35 years ago... We did get to see two snakes shedding their skin. Couldn't get a photo, though because they blended right into the background. Exciting, nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment