Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Holsum Neighborhood

Ride Stats
Distance: 23 mi
Avg Speed: 9.9 mph
Climbed: 1260 ft
Calories Burned: 1060 kcal
Wind: Unfavorable

Only had time for a short ride this morning, due to some business travel starting this afternoon.
Felt a bit sluggish compared to yesterday's ride. This was a reminder that I still have alot of physical preparation to do before August. On the positive side, clipping and unclipping from my pedals has become second nature. ( Knock on wood ) I haven't even come close to falling lately.
I'm getting down in the drop bar hand position more often, but need to lose a few pounds of belly fat to make it more comfortable. The Brooks saddle is fully broken in, and feels better than any seat I've ever used. Good call, Eric.
These are some neat old brick buildings in the West Bottoms, a flood prone industrial area that used to be a commercial center close to the railroad tracks. I like the buildings that have the business advertising still visible on them. It gives you an idea of what used to be important.
On the weekends especially, it's mostly deserted. It feels like a Hollywood movie set depicting the 1930's. I pretty regularly see it being used by professional photographers for Wedding and Glamour photo shoots. They try to find backgrounds of interesting graffiti to give it that gritty urban look. No doubt they live in the suburbs.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle T--Looks like a condo conversion opportunity, Karl!

    ReplyDelete