Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm Fifty!

Ride stats:
Distance - 22 miles
Average speed - 14.8 mph
Elevation climbed - 640 ft
Temperature - 41

"I'm proud to say I'm 50 years old. I like to kick! Stretch! And kick! I'm 50!"
-- Sally O'Malley, SNL

Yep, I turned 50 years old yesterday. Hey, it's only a number. You're only as old as you feel, or something like that. Well, I feel great. Life begins at 50, right?

I rode over to Mom & Dad's, but they weren't home. Then, I went over to Leon's, and taped up his handlebars with the Roubaix tape that I gave to him for his birthday.

Yellow daffodils in Mom & Dad's front yard.
Caitlin made me a beautiful chart, so I can track my progress towards the big ride.


Me and my family (minus Tanya and Phoebe), in front of Skaneateles Lake. Lynn and the kids took me for a surprise lunch at Doug's Fish Fry...my all-time favorite! (Sorry, Tans. We'll have to Photoshop you in ;-)


Lynn made me some delicious yellow cupcakes w/chocolate frosting! Yum-yum! It was a great day...

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Dad! Looks like a really fun day! Of course, Catie would come up with a really nice and creative gift. Maybe Phoebs and I can console each other for being the only ones not in the family photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifty sounds pretty young to me. Think of it as the half-way point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated. Found your blog (obviously). Cool. Not sure if or how to become a "follower". Do I have to drink the kool-aid? Or maybe better to become a stalker?

    -dave

    ReplyDelete