Ride Stats:Distance - 36 mi
Avg Speed - 9.9 mph
Climbed - 1900 ft
Calories Burned - 1850 kcal
Temps - 85 to 100 F
This was expected to be another super hot one, so I used the same strategy as yesterday of getting out early and focusing on climbing. I felt a bit sluggish, but the legs held up well throughout the climbs. I followed my familiar short route and just varied some of the climbing loops. I headed home when I got temperature readings over 100.

Brother Rob, an expert Leather worker ( leather artist?), did a fantastic job on this rear flap, which will keep some of the rain and mud off of Eric as he struggles to keep up with me.

There are some interesting old advertising signs in the old neighborhoods I ride through. This was an early brand of soda that didn't survive, but was locally popular at one time. I like their use of the word "billion," which was probably considered over-the-top in those days. Not anymore. Now, they'd have to use "bazillion."

Then there's the made-up word on this one from the early 1900's. Maybe they were just trying to squeeze the idea into limited space, or maybe they just figured their customers wouldn't care. My guess is that there weren't actual Advertising Agencies back in those days.

This is an example of a new advertisement, also on an old brick building, demonstrating the true potential of the technique. Great artwork, lots of paint, no misspelled words, and no pricing info that could become outdated. You'd have to go to their website for that. Although I don't know what the slogan has to do with the vintage aircraft, the mere fact that they got me thinking about it means they succeeded.

This is a sign in the window of an independent bookstore, trying to appeal to dog owners, but has gone too far.

Sentries guarding our local Hispanic Grocery Store. Pancho Villa was a popular figure in this part of the country.
No comments:
Post a Comment