Sunday, June 26, 2011

Farnung Peleton

Ride Stats:
Distance - 38 miles
Ave. Speed - 14.1 mph
Elevation Climbed - 760 ft
Temperature - 66 F



My brother (Karl) came into town this weekend, to attend our nephew's (Ryan) wedding. So, I arranged for a ride this morning, along with brothers Leon and Rob. The picture (above) shows the four of us (L to R: Rob, Leon, Karl, and me). We rode out to the brick church on Brick Church Road. It was great to ride with my brothers. This is the first time Karl and I ever rode together, even though Karl was on a borrowed bike ( my son, Patrick's). We have very compatible riding styles.

Karl and I spent Friday night going over the route we're riding from San Francisco to Kansas City. Karl spent many long hours doing research and planning every day of our 28-day ride. He did a phenomenal job. I was blown away with the level of detail he has for every step of our journey.

We'll be riding roughly 2100 miles during 28 days on the road.  It's an average of 73 miles/day.  Piece of cake ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment