Sunday, June 19, 2011

Do You Believe In Magic?

Ride Stats:
Distance - 34 mi
Avg Speed - 9.8 mph
Climbed - 1770 ft
Calories Burned - 2080
Temp - 90's
I loaded a little more weight into the panniers today and then rode the same course as yesterday. I could definitely feel the difference. The bike handles great with the extra weight, but shifting in a timely fashion to the right gear, both uphill and downhill seems to be important. It was a good practice run. I cut it short to go watch son, Ian for awhile at a Magic Tournament being held here.
Ian has been an avid Magic card player since the mid-90's, soon after it was created. So, he's a believer. He finished 91 st out of about 800 players gathered for this tournament. I was able to watch a couple of his games. I have to confess that I have no idea how it's played, only that it takes both skill and luck to win.

1 comment:

  1. Dad and Angela,

    It was great to see you guys this weekend, and a very tasty Sunday dinner. Hope that you had a good Father's day!

    ReplyDelete