Distance - 62 mi
Avg Speed - 10.2 mph
Climbed - 2327 ft
Calories - 3900 kcal
Temperature - 85 to 102
This was my usual long route, on a day that started warm at 7:30 am and got unbearably hot by noon. I had the bike loaded down with full panniers and really should have been drinking more water. At about the 40 mile point I had to lay down on a shaded picnic table and pour water over over my head to cool off. Dehydration is kind of sneaky and I've got to get better at avoiding it. No harm done, other than a lost 45 min. I kept drinking lots of water and finished the ride in reasonable condition.
Below are some pictures of my Surly with panniers on. It's heavy when fully loaded but rides really smooth. No wobble on the downhill runs.
No comments:
Post a Comment