Sunday, June 19, 2011

The New Pickle

Ride Stats:
distance (miles) - 50.5
average speed (mph) - 15.3
elevation climbed (ft) - 1220
temperature (F) - 78

Saturday morning, I looaded up my panniers and headed east until I hit Pultneyville. It was a beautiful day with temps in the 70's, wind out of the NE, and plenty o' sunshine.  I took Bay Road to Lake Road, and then stayed on Lake all the way, until I ran into the new Pultneyville Deli (shown above).  I wrote about the Pultneyville Pickle in some of my past posts, so I thought it would be worth mentioning that this is what was built on the site where the Pickle used to stand.  I hope this place opens up soon.  I'd kill for a bite to eat or drink before we head back home.
The decal is on my chainstay...I just noticed that one of the "f's" is partially gone.  Regardless, this is a reference to the fact that the Surly LHT is capable of fitting tires up to 700x45 (w/o fenders) and 700x42 (w/fenders)!  That's a huge step up, compared to most road bikes that max out at 700x25.

I'm running Continental 700x37's on my bike, at the moment. But, I plan on putting Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 700x35's on, before I head to the West Coast. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, tore down the old and started a new pickle from scratch! Still named the pickle? The old place had more architectural charm I think, but a cold drink is a cold drink!

    ReplyDelete