Ride Stats:
Distance - 24 mi
Avg Speed - 9.4 mph
Climbed - 1160 ft
Calories Burned - 1400 kcal
Temps - 95 to 115 F
Let the countdown begin. 3 days to go before we board the train and journey with Eric out to Oakland, CA. Angela and I are looking forward to the scenic railroad excursion to the starting point for the big bike ride. Today's ride was mainly for dialing in my seat height, again. It slipped out of adjustment and took quite a bit of trial and error to get it back where it should be. My fault for not marking it. Also got some climbing in and another hot weather work-out before a ferocious storm came through and chased me home. I also assembled all my gear and fine tuned my packing to get the panniers balanced within a pound of each other. Final weigh-in figures: Rider-190, Bike-35, and Gear-35 lbs. I'm satisfied with that.
What an adventure! I hope that the "real world" doesn't interfere too often and that you can get into the zen of of it all. It's a gorgeous country, enjoy!
ReplyDeleteMichelle