Ride Stats:
distance - 34 mi
average speed (mph) - 10 mph
elevation climbed (ft) - 1750 ft
calories burned (kcal) - 1835 kcal
temperature - Low 80's
This was a pleasant overcast morning to take a ride, and so different from the blazing hot teperatures of late. Hopefully, this is more like what we'll have to look forward to out West. Earlier this week I had the local bike shop expert make some final adjustments to my cleats and seat position. It worked out well, and feel it's improved my climbing power. You can't tell from the riding stats, because I was distracted by other activities during the ride. I stopped by the bike shop to see how they're progressing with Ian's bike. They're supposed to have some new tires in by Monday, and then work on his wheel bearings and spokes. I also stopped by the Amtrak Station to make sure they'll have bike boxes on hand for our Wednesday departure. Also, met a nice couple from Parkville that were keenly interested in my fully loaded bike and the upcoming ride; and shared the website link with them.
We're getting really close now to this adventure starting, and I can't wait.
View 2011 Farnung Journey Itinerary in a larger map
This is a map of our planned daily stops for this year's leg of the ride. The route has a snake-like shape that I'm not sure how to explain other than that's where the best biking roads are, based on my research. The map is interactive, so if you click on a marker it'll give the name of the city and the date we'll be there.
Very nice, Karl! Thanks for posting this.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you will ride right by one of my aunt and uncles house just west of Pomona, KS. Good luck and have fun. Steve Friesen (585) 305-9999
ReplyDelete