Distance - 36 mi
Avg Speed - 9.8 mph
Climbed - 1450 ft
Temps - 65 to 85 F
This was nice easy terrain, with a light wind in the face and intermittent rain. Traffic has picked up considerably, but the shoulders are mostly pretty wide.
I switched my planned destination from Dolores to Cortez because I'd heard they have a good bike shop here. I wasn't disappointed. The fine people at Kokopelli Bike & Board drop what they're doing to assist cross country bicyclists. I had concerns about my brake pads from all the serious cliffdiving in Utah, and they ultimately replaced the fronts but decided the back pads would get me home. Of course, they gave the whole bike a thorough going over and checked tightness on every nut and bolt. I replaced my helmet due to a broken back strap, new gloves, new chamois with wider seat pad area, and new bike lock ( the old one fell apart ). They were happy for the business and I was happy for the great service.
I saw new bean crops just sprouting.
Yay for local businesses that drop everything for cross country bikers! Yay for new pads for brakes and butts! Yay for flatter terrain!
ReplyDeleteMichelle