Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How did I get so lucky?

When I tell people that I'm going to ride my bike across the U.S., after they tell me that I'm crazy, they ask me "is your wife okay with this?"  I"ll be honest, when I started to think about doing this, I was nervous how to broach the topic with Lynn.  I knew that my absence would put a great burden on her already busy daily agenda.  But, when I talked to her, she was very supportive and encouraged me to do the ride as soon as possible (while I still have my health).  This support has made the whole idea much, much easier to move forward with.  So, I ask you, how did I get so lucky?!

This is Lynn and I, sitting on a bench near the Webster Park pier, last summer.

Here's Lynn at a winery on Keuka Lake, last fall.

1 comment:

  1. Does Mom know you posted pics of her? I'm also lucky to have two great parents!

    Enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete