Distance - 94 mi
Avg Speed - 12.5 mph
Climbed - 1420 ft
Temps - 50 to 90 F
Once again, I woke up to a low rear tire pressure, and lost a half hour or so fixing it. I couldn't determine the cause, and chose to replace the tube instead of patching it. My ride again today was straight East, with a North wind that vacillated between slight tailwind and slight headwind.
There's a storm front in the area that's supposed to move through tonight or tomorrow morning, and that should change the wind direction. Tomorrow's itinerary has me starting out East again, but heading North in the middle of the day.
I made pretty good time, and even found a shortcut over the first big hill since Colorado, to get to Cottonwood Falls as quick as possible. I was motivated by the promise of seeing Angela for the first time in 4 weeks. She was there waiting when I pulled up to the hotel, and gave me a big hug and kiss; and then wrinkled her nose at the smell that comes with 8 hrs of bicycling exertion. After cleaning up, we had a fantastic prime rib dinner.
I'm still on track for a 4:00 finish on Monday at Grunauer's in Kansas City, for anyone interested in joining me to celebrate the completion of this leg of the cross country journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment